Formerly Elder Services of the Merrimack Valley/North Shore
About Us: Since 1974 our agency has strived towards supporting an individual's desire to make their own decisions, secure their independence and remain living independently in the community. We are proud of our employees who make this possible every day. Our agency is a thought-leader, a nationally known generator of new ideas, because it welcomes creativity, your ideas. It is an outstanding place to work stimulating, friendly, collaborative. We offer competitive salaries, generous vacation time, and an excellent work/life balance. We value diversity and encourage career growth. If you have a passion for improving the lives of the elderly community and enjoy working in a diverse team driven by its mission, you've found the right place!
At AgeSpan, you'll find a work environment that combines:
- A refreshing culture that is supportive, collaborative, and encouraging of diverse perspectives and backgrounds.
- A focus on innovation with a team recognized for developing and implementing innovative programs and novel solutions.
- Encouragement of your development through opportunities to get involved, use your voice, and gain new knowledge and skills.
- A satisfying balance between your work and personal life, including a flexible workplace, generous paid time off, and wellness programs.
Depending on your role and your hours, we offer:
- Flexible schedule and hybrid work opportunities
- Competitive salaries
- Healthcare (medical, dental)
- 403b Retirement Plan with agency match
- 20 Vacation Days, 12 Sick Days, and 12 Paid Holidays
- Social Work Licensing Program
- License Renewal Paid by agency for RN's and Social Workers
- And MORE!
This position is partially remote for the foreseeable future
Position Responsibilities: The Care Manager's responsibility is to work within an Interdisciplinary team, to assist older adults in obtaining the services and programs which will enhance their quality of life and allow them to live as independently as possible with dignity and respect.
Essential Functions: (Core duties or tasks that are fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job)
Maintenance of an ongoing caseload including:
- Assessment of an older adult's physical, social, emotional and environmental status to determine their eligibility and needs.
- Development and implementation of a service plan to address those needs by making referrals to vendors and other community agencies.
- Reassessment and monitoring of consumer's eligibility needs and service plan on an ongoing basis through telephone calls, home visits and case conferences.
- Arrangement for crisis intervention services when necessary.
- Provide advocacy and assistance for consumers in securing benefits and services when consumer or others are unable to do so.
- Collaborate with other agency departments to address consumer needs.
- Collaborate with outside agencies as needed including attending discharge meeting, meeting with vendor staff and coordinating with staff from other agencies to resolve issues affecting consumers.
- Completion and maintenance of up-to-date documentation, including case files and statistical records as required by the agency and Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
- Coverage of team partners caseload during sickness, vacation and field time as well as assisting with coverage of vacant caseloads. Conduct joint visits when necessary.
- Compliance with regulations governing Home Care Corporations as set forth by the Executive Office of Elder Affairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Provision of Information and Referral and community education:
- Provide information and referral to promote community awareness of existing services and programs.
- Work cooperatively with the Aging network to bridge identified gaps in services for the elderly.
- Provide training with service providers on Home Care program operation and care management functions.
Participation in Staff Development Programs:
- Participate in team meetings and supervision.
- Attend and participate in team, Home Care and general staff meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in in-service training, courses and workshops to maintain professional expertise and develop additional skills.
- Assist in the orientation and training of new staff members as needed.
Qualifications: BA/BS in social work, human services or a related field required. Associates Degree with significant relevant work experience may be substituted for a portion of degree. Experience with elders strongly preferred. Strong written, verbal and computer skills required. Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation required as field work is an essential component of the position. Bilingual capacity in Spanish is required.
Hours per week : 37.5
AgeSpan is strongly committed to fostering a professional environment that recognizes, respects, and encourages the unique contributions of a broad spectrum of qualified employees. It is important that our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We maintain a work atmosphere that allows people of varied backgrounds to grow professionally and contribute to our mission by promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and work-life balance.